Wednesday, April 19, 2006

This is talent!!























I have seen many talented paper artists in my brief time playing with paper, but this Joel Cooper has talent in spades. I had never heard of him or seen him and I just randomly stumbled on his work posted on the Flickr photo site. Here are two pics of his work; one finished, and the other in progress. From what I understand, he spends several hours folding a triangular grid into a piece of paper. Then when the grid is finished, he tessellates the paper and folds the face in the middle of the tessellation! Holy Cats!
I guess it's like the polygons that the computer graphics programs use to create three dimensional figures in the video games. My brain starts to hurt just trying to get my head around designing such a piece.
You can view his pictures of his work here.

No comments: