Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Reality Avoidance Technique #157 - Modular Origami

I started working with models from Tomoko Fuse's book Fabulous Origami Boxes today. Ms. Fuse is one of my favorite origami artists. Talented and prolific, with a sense of form and style that shows in her pieces.I have ignored this book for several months now, having moved to other things. What a wonderful book. The modular nature or the models allows the folder to make a fairly large box. Even with really large paper, most single sheet containers are too small to really be useful.
I find the functional beauty of origami containers fascinating.This model is folded from plain origami paper. I hope to make the model from better paper soon, but with all the scatterbrained stuff I do on a day to day basis, I'll be lucky if I make another.

No comments: