Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Readers of the world, unite! Book Crossing!

Although it's been around for a while, I have just found out about Bookcrossing.com. What a wonderful idea brought to fruition.

Let's say you have just read a book. You liked it, but don't really plan on reading it again. So you slap a label on the book and leave it in public (a waiting room, plane terminal, cafe table, bus stop). Now another person finds the book, takes it, reads it, follows the label instructions and tells book crossing where the book is and reviews the book. Then they leave the book in public again for someone else to read. And the cycle continues.

This appeals to my inner idealist. My exterior realist says that it's just a complicated way to get someone else to throw out your old books. But the idealist won in the end, and I have released some captive books out into the wild.

It's free, it's fun, it's worth a shot. So go sign up and see what happens. I'll keep you posted on what happens to my books. If you release any books, let me know what happens.

Read, Review, Release.


No comments: