Monday, January 01, 2007

The Public Has Let Me Down



I love the idea of bookcrossing.com what a wonderful concept. You read a book, you label the book as a free book, you leave the book for someone to find, and the book gets reread and passed along.

However, I released several books this past year, and none were read that I know of. The optimistic side of me says that the book was found and read, just not registered on the site. The pessimistic side of me says that they were found in the coffee shops and airports that I left them in by the cleaning people who either sent them to lost and found, or threw them out. Presently I am siding with the pessimist.

Las Vegas being not only a cultural black hole, but a largely illiterate town, I don't hold out much hope for the fate of any bookcrossing book left there. I did leave some books in Ohio as well, nothing there either. Sigh

But this is a new year! So with renewed optimism I once again join the bookcrossing masses. so get out there ladies and gents, Read-Register-Release. It's just that easy. And if you find a book crossing book, at least drop by the site and let them know you found it even if you don't plan on reading it, then pass it along.

No comments: