Monday, August 29, 2005

Vieux Carre Waterpark


My poor French Quarter. As hurricane Katrina tears through Louisiana, my wife and I can't help but feel anxious about the fate of the city and the residents. New Orleans is where it all started for us. Meeting, falling in love, cheating, fighting, falling in love again. Ah L'amour. I worry about our friend Kip and his wife who live nearby, and about the fate of our beloved little home in the Quarter (see photo). Reports of the eye missing New Orleans are encouraging, as are the reports of absent flooding.
For those of you who have fled, my fingers are crossed for your safe return to a house that is intact, and livable. For those who have family and friends stranded in the city, all of my hopes and prayers go with yours.
I have high hopes though, the French Quarter has survived this long, I feel it will live to fight another day.

No comments: