Friday, October 28, 2005

Longing for a new scanner & printer


The Halloween cards are finished and ready for the mail. I used Kinkos to print the buggers out, thinking that the quality would be better. Plus, by the time I got them printed out, I would have drained the color cartridge in my printer. Well yes they look really nice, and the ink is much better than what my printer uses; but damn, at about two bucks a card, I would have been better off going to Hallmark. I think my cards are great though. I love the fact there is no mistake that mine were made just for friends and family.
I need a new printer and scanner. A good graphics printer for photos and cards, and a good scanner to load years of photos and negatives. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Why do I bother custom making cards? First, I love working with paper. Second, I like to think that the person who receives a custom card knows that extra effort was made to let them know that they were being thought of, and not just part of a robotic holiday mass mailing. But then I could be blowing smoke up my own ass.

No comments: