Thursday, March 16, 2006

The first of May approaches.


Having survived the Ides of March, my thoughts turn to the first of May. This is the day that, traditionally, the circus would leave their winter quarters and embark on tour for the year. New clowns are referred to as a "First of May" like being called pledge, or freshman, and generally treated as such.
But I digress. With the first of May approaching, I thought I would give a shameless plug for the Culpepper & Merriweather Circus. A beautiful little show owned and operated by my friend Trey Key. Check the site for their route information. If you haven't seen a circus in a while, the by golly it's high time you did. It's the least expensive live entertainment you are going to find. And live, unfortunately, is a dying thing.

No comments: