Wednesday, March 08, 2006

This little light of mine....


I have no idea where I got the layout for this lampshade. I know I sure as hell didn't come up with it on my own. But it has been stuck in the back of my brain as something that I needed to do sometime. So now it's done. With just twenty sheets of cardstock and a handful of fifth grade geometry, you too can have one of these Atomic-agey retro type thingys

Twenty circles.
Score equilateral triangles (geometry) on the circles.
Fold the three flaps.
Glue 19 of the 20 circles flap to flap to form a icosahedron (ain't geometry grand).
Add velcro tabs to the flaps of the last circle. (So you can get to the bulb.)
Mount to some lampy kind of device.

This beauty is headed directly for the shredder. I am married to a fire chief's daughter, so there is no way that this lamp will stay.

No comments: