Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The journey of a thousand cranes begins with one fold


I have such wonderful friends. Last week I received a gift from my friends in Atlanta, several large sheets of beautiful Yuzen Washi. Thank you Jon and Yvonne! Then today, from my friend Mamiko, came a shipment from Japan. A huge box of beautiful origami paper, including a 1000 sheet package for folding cranes. Domo arigato gozaimashita! So this evening, I embarked on the daunting task of folding one thousand cranes from a rainbow of 7cm squares. For those who wish to try, the instructions are here. When the chain is finished, I will send them to Hiroshima to be placed at the Sadako Sasaki Peace Memorial. Well now that I know what I will be doing on vacation this summer, lets hear what creative projects you have planned.

No comments: