Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Things that make you go "Arrr!"






Yo ho ho. My friends and I have become addicted to a trading card game. Now before you picture a bunch of grown men throwing around Pokemon cards, or worse yet, sitting in mom's basement playing Magic the Gathering. We found the game Pirates.

The trading cards are like credit cards that have been laser cut. You punch pieces out of the cards and use the pieces to build boats. Those are your playing pieces. Now with your freshly constructed armada, you attempt to either decimate your opponent, or get all the gold.

This game is from the brilliant mind of James Ernest of Cheap Ass Games. On the top of my list of talented game designers. If you still haven't looked at his site, you should.

This thing appeals to the paper model maker in me. But it also appeals to the game guy in me because each card pack has everything that you need to play the game. So in theory you could just buy one $4 pack and if you don't like the game, never play it again. Or just leave it at the one pack and play it over and over. Oooor you could be like me and my friends and seek out every pack that the company has ever made. Sorry, is my geek showing?

If you would like to know more, check out the Wizkids Pirates! site.

No comments: