Thursday, August 02, 2007

Art, and the Beauty of Strength and Movement







































Today dear readers (both of you), I am branching out from the norm. No paper folders, and no variety entertainers. Instead I present the artwork of Jeaneen Barnhart. I just took a look at her work this morning and I hope what I say here can tell you how I feel.

The works I have seen online of both the equine and human form are stunning. Her lines and movement in her art bring to life the strength and energy of her subjects. Her ability to convey her vision to the audience; the strength, the movement, the energy, truly evocative. And in a side note dear to my heart, she works on paper.

I have been too verbose. In short, this woman can draw her ass off. I was lucky enough to meet Jeaneen last night. When she talks about her art, you can see and hear her passion for what she does. When I saw the images online today, that passion shows through. I hope one day to see her work in person.

It's short notice, but if you are in Louisville tonight, you can see her work and the work of others at the Art For The Animals event tonight. You could walk out of there with an original Barnhart. So get on over there and bid 'til your paddle is sore.
For your consideration, I have posted two of her works that particularly moved me. The top picture, Race Study With Red III, and the lower, Male Pose with Color IV. I think they are just stunning. Tell me what you think.


No comments: