Monday, September 19, 2005

Halloween approaches

Ahh the smell of cheap plastic holiday novelties. And the scent given off by black and orange plastic make my heart begin to sing. Rivaled only by Christmas, Halloween is my second favorite Christian adopted pagan holiday. I think my daughter and I will be making sugar skulls and an ofrenda this year as well as doing the Anglo-saxon beggars night thing.
There is only one source for molds for sugar skulls that I can find online. My daughter and I went to the library last year so she could learn about Dia de los Muertos. The lady who gave the talk was wonderful. She had loaded a box full of sugar skulls and frosting and brought them in for the children to decorate. The library system in Las Vegas is the only good thing that is offered to the citizens of this town. No museums, two acres of a sorry little zoo, one overcrowded city park, theatre in this town is a joke. If it doesn't start with Cirque you might as well forget it.
Ok, enough ranting. Halloween is coming, get your sh!t together, and have a ball!

No comments: